Twitter removed its hotmail/msn contact importer tool last year which was a very useful tool. However, there are few tricks which enables you to do just that. The easiest one is:
Twitter allows you to import gmail contacts.
Gmail allows you to import MSN contacts.
Hence, you can indirectly import MSN contacts in twitter by importing them first on your gmail account.
Step by step instructions:
- Create a new gmail account or use your existing one if you don’t mind having your hotmail/msn/windows live and gmail contacts all at the same place. I used my existing one.
- Click on settings on the top right corner once you are logged in to your gmail account.
- Click on ‘Accounts and Import’ and click on ‘Import Mail and Contacts’.
- A pop-up window will appear asking your email address. Enter your complete hotmail email address and click on Continue.
- Enter your password and click on Continue.
- Select Import Contacts and unselect all others (You can select others too if you want to import mail) and click on Start Import.
- You’ll be presented with a message saying it may take up to 2 days. It doesn’t, it takes only few minutes for contacts to import. The message is only valid for importing mails. Click on ‘OK’.
- Log in after some time and you’ll see a message on the top of the screen saying that import has been completed.
- You can now log in into twitter and use the gmail import tool to find your hotmail friends.
I hope that helped.