This is not a difficult task but people often don’t know what directory permissions are. While we need not go into depth, just know 0755 is the recommended setting for all directories.
For changing a directories permission from cPanel, follow the following steps:
- Login to your cPanel.
- Find File Manager and click on it.
- Select web root and click on Go.
- Now place a check in the checkbox next to the directory you want to change the permission of.
- Click on Change Permissions.
- And select 755 in the box.
- Finally, click on Change Permissions.
This would change the permission of selected directory to 755.